Congratulations, you are now engaged and are planning a memorable wedding. Determining how much money is needed to have that special wedding will require a budget. This budget decision is not so easy if you’re looking for a fairytale wedding with lots of glitz and glamour. If you don’t have a budget limit, perhaps it is best to hire a professional wedding planner. However, if you’re watching your money, you should begin with the following helpful tips listed below;
Having a brunch or lunch will be much cheaper than having a formal evening seat down dinner.
Researching the places where you want to have your wedding held. Usually restaurants can be cheaper than a venue hall.
Determining the time of the year where weddings are cheaper than other times. If you live in a place that gets snow, you may want to consider having it during that season to save money. Keep in mind that during cold months of the year, Mother Nature can bring snowstorms which can cause a wedding nightmare for your guests and family members.
In earlier times, the bride’s parents paid for the wedding and the groom’s parents paid for the rehearsal dinner. This is not the case anymore. These days, parents for both the bride and groom will chip in as much as they can. Ideally, if you do the research ahead of time and present a budget to all of your parents, they may be more inclined to allocate the monies for this special day. If the bride and groom are paying for this wedding themselves, prioritize what is important and what is not in creating this event. Waiting a year or two, and putting aside monies can also help with having enough monies put aside for your dream wedding.
Calculating the cost for the items below will certainly give you a better perspective in creating your budget. Here are some questions you will need answers to when getting pricing:
- What is the cost for the room in the restaurant or venue hall?
- What is the cost of an open bar?
- What is the cost for the cocktail hour?
- What is the cost for a photographer?
- What is the cost for the flowers and table decorations?
- What is the cost for an Officiant?
- What is the cost for a DJ?
- What is the cost for a rehearsal dinner?
- What is the cost for invitations?
- What is the cost for the wedding rings?
- What is the cost for the food?
- What is the cost for the limo to bring the bridal party to the event?
- What is the cost for any gifts, tips, taxes and last minute costs for wedding props?
- What is the cost for the wedding cake?
- What is the cost for the bridal dress and all the accessories?
- What is the cost for a make-up artist?
- What is the cost for a marriage license?
- What is the cost for a honeymoon?